Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 7 Robert Frost

Robert Frost



After reading a few of Robert Frost’s poems I can see where he grew up has a lot to due with his settings.  He grew up in Salem, New Hampshire.  In many of his poem’s he talks about the cold winters with snow falling. As usual I do not understand much of what the poet is trying to say, but with a few of his poems I can relate to some parts.  The first poem we were assigned to read, Mending Wall really was the worst.  Maybe I need to read it a few more times but I did not understand a word of it.   I think my three favorite poems were: Home Burial, Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening, and Desert Places.
          The poem Home Burial  was very sad!  When reading it I picture a setting with a husband and wife.  They are talking about having a infant that died and they are trying to deal with his death in their own way.  It sounds like the wife wants to run away and not deal with it, Or she runs away and confides in someone else on how she feels about it.  The husband wants her to stay and talk about it.   She doesn’t understand how he can just dig the grave and go on like it was no big deal.  I think this would be a typical conversation with two people trying to deal with grief in their own ways.
          The poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy evening was nice and short.  There is nothing special about this poem but I like the flow of it and the picture in my head.  I believe he is riding his horse and he stops in someone’s woods to just watch it snow. He has a long way to go but wants to just watch the beauty of the snow falling, covering up the woods.
          The last poem I chose was Desert Places. I chose those  poem because of its flow again. I like when they rhyme and make sense.  He sounds very lonely here.  He explains its loney out there in the woods. Maybe he is traveling.  But again he is in no hurry to get home because it is lonely there also.  Most of his poems are nice. I enjoyed them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment